Mount Royal Village Family Chiropractic Acupuncture & Massage is a preeminent Calgary lower back pain treatment facility with the best team of doctors and advanced treatments. We offer the perfect solution to our patients suffering from pain and reduce their reliance on medications.
Ways to manage low back pain at home
If you are seeking for ways to overcome pain at home without using medications or invasive treatments, try using ice or heat packs in the painful area to relax the sore, inflamed, and painful muscles. Engage in regular physical activity or aerobic exercises and eat a healthy, balanced, and nutritious meal to maintain a healthy body weight
If you smoke or consume alcohol excessively, make healthy lifestyle changes to see an improvement. Most importantly, meet with a chiropractor, acupuncturist, or massage therapist regularly to minimize pain and lead an active life
Chiropractic treatments for lower back pain
Chiropractic care is a non-surgical treatment available to treat disorders of the nervous system and musculoskeletal conditions. Chiropractic treatments for lower back pain include:
- Spinal manipulation and manual manipulation - This is a manual manipulation that involves high-velocity arm thrust to an abnormal vertebra. This type of adjustment helps improve functionality, reduces nerve irritability, and restores range of motion in the back.
- Mobilization - With mobilization, our chiropractor uses low-velocity manipulation and aims to stretches the muscles and joints, which helps increase the range of motion within those areas.
We offer a whole range of highly rewarding chiropractic services such as the Gonstead technique, activator technique, rehabilitation programs, Webster's technique, Plantar fasciitis procedure, Motor vehicle accidents, etc., to address and alleviate lower back pain. We are a leading Calgary Lower Back Pain treatment facility with the best specialists and advanced treatments.
Alternative therapies for low back pain
Lower back pain is a health problem that affects a large share of Canadians every year. Thanks to advancements in alternative medicine, there are several non-invasive treatments available for lower back pain. Some of the alternative therapies that can offer relief to patients include:
- Acupuncture - This therapy involves the insertion of thin needles at different pressure points in your skin to alleviate pain. After each session, you should feel a great sense of pain relief, which can last for a few days or weeks.
- Massage - Massage therapy helps release muscle tightness and soothes back, neck, shoulder, and other muscle pains and aches. It reduces an individual's reliance on pain medications and allows patients to lead an active and improved life quality.
- Chiropractic spinal manipulations - Getting adjustments from a chiropractor can improve pain and discomfort in the lower back, hip, joints, neck, shoulder, and leg. It is especially beneficial for individuals dealing with nerve pain or nerve damage.
Are you feeling skeptical about undergoing surgery for your musculoskeletal problem? Meet our Calgary lower back pain doctor to explore our highly effective non-invasive treatments for conquering pain. We, at Mount Royal Village Family Chiropractic Acupuncture & Massage, have hundreds of positive reviews from past clients to vouch for our treatment's quality.